Friday, December 05, 2008

12 days old....

Baby and I are doing well. Thank you for all the wonderful comments!!!

She has a bit of a stuffy nose... and I have sore tailbone still... but, we are doing well. Now I know some of you want to hear the tale of how she came into the world. So, I am going to tell it. Those of you that don't want to hear it... well.. wander off, I may have something later that may be more interesting to you.

So, As the tale goes:
WH(wonderful husband) had come to the city for a breastfeeding class the Wednesday 19th. I had been to the doctor the morning before. WH was going to head home on Saturday... I was very upset and didn't want him to go.. but when the option to go with him arose.. I was game. What better than to go home for a couple days? We had a house we wanted to take a look at on the Monday. What could it hurt?(my tailbone.. LOL) So, packed up Saturday and headed for home.. we had stops to make on the way out of the city. So, was late afternoon to early eve by the time we got home. We had a bite to eat and a shower. I had been peeing every 5 minutes.. but I mean... in the last of pregnancy you get used to that. I had a little leaking and thought nothing of it as I just thought with all the peeing, maybe it was par for the course? LOL So, slap on a pad and off to bed. (Ladies, if your having your first, and you get the show and a leak... pay attention.) So, off to sleep... slept good... kept waking up with little cramps. I thought nothing of it as they felt like little twinges nothing serious. (Ladies, Again, Cramps = Contractions, do not ignore) So, when I woke up at 7:30am to 8 ish... I thought they were coming pretty regular... so I started timing them... 25 minutes apart by 9am. WH called his mom, and she told him we better get our bottoms going to the city(2.5hr drive). WH had laundry in the washer, and dryer... threw the wet into a bag... threw what we needed into bags... off we ran. WH did great, as my contractions got nastier and nastier as he drove. Had to stop for a pee at the side of the road... this is not a pretty site... labouring woman, windy day... and I didn't pee on me or anything other than the gravel... amazing! He asked when we hit Raymore how far apart they were... and I was not telling him(5 minutes and more than an hour of travel left). We got to Southy(3minutes apart) I did tell him. and we decided we were going directly to the hospital. WH kept me calm, and got us to the hospital in 2 hrs rather than the 2.5 to 3 that is normal for that trip. He pulled up in emergency where the ambulances pull in, got me in the building as mom was waiting for us, he went and parked the car. We got me registered and in a wheel chair.. WH joined us and a porter came and drove the chair up to the assessment room. I went pee and my body wanted to push... I held back and got out to the assessment bed and got in the gown... the lady who checked said "fully dilated, better get her in a room!" so they wheeled the bed to the labour and delivery room, I slid off the end of it and into the delivery bed. I got a wee bit of laughing gas to keep me from pushing before my contractions were strong enough to push. Good old fashioned labour. My wonderful nurse at one point when I did start pushing thought we would have to have an intervenes.... to strengthen my contractions... and I told her I didn't want.. so we tried pushing in a different position.... worked like a darn.... So, my beautiful baby girl was born at 2:30pm after we arrived at the hospital at 1:15pm ish. Nice and quick!

My mom said that WH was white as a ghost when he came in the hospital... (can you blame him?) And he was wonderful through the delivery and everything....

We were lucky enough to have wonderful traveling weather... except for the crisp wind... but was sunny and beautiful!

So, that is my excitement.... I hope that wasn't too much info or not enough... LOL

I think my tailbone hurts from labouring in the car... other than that though... adjusting wonderfully.

More pics soon I thinks....

ttfn


4 comments:

Val said...

What an exciting story Cindy. Kept me on the edge of my seat for a few minutes. Wow! that was close - not a long labor at all.
This photo of Gwennyth is so sweet - they always are sweet when they're sleeping! LOL

Anonymous said...

She is a sweetie for sure :) i'm very happy to have met her today. ( thanks for letting me hold her for so long ) looking forward to spending time with her and watching her grow :)

Anonymous said...

Grandma misses her! and her Mommy!

Notes and letters to myself.... said...

Congrats:) what a lucky lady you are to have had such a quick and easy labor. Next baby you will need to camp accross the street from the hospital:)

Is she nursing okay?