Wednesday, September 10, 2008

From the Garden.....

Lots of lovely tomatoes.. that have yet to ripen(better to pick and have turn in the house than have them freeze). One nice size pail of beets. Going to make beet pickle and relish I think. 3 Pails of Carrots... I am certain we will be sharing some with family :)

Cabbage.. I was going to shred it today and I lost my get up and go after the chard.... Beautiful red potatoes.... ooh they are nice! And the tomatoes there behind are for My sis... my MIL sent them for me to take to the city for My sis.

Onions... oooh I forgot to put them out when the sun came around today.. dammit.. I meant for them to dry some... I guess we can hope for tomorrow!! And Pickling cucumbers... that will be relish within the next couple days!


My stack of collapsible crates! They are the best thing going!!! Specially if you don't have a lot of room but need to pack things around regularly. This year they helped with the garden and are great stacker's!!! (I normally would have 2 or 3 in the car for getting groceries.. rather than bagging). Chard... Had lots of leaves but didn't get much out of them when I finished processing them.. they cook down a lot.. can you believe 6 small freezer bags from this crate? Need to be home and pic it more often...

Eating Cucumbers and Zucchini. Not too many monster Zuchs this year.. but they are still a really good size!!! Need to bake some cake!!!


Last but not least... Spaghetti Squash. Yummy... We didn't manage any acorn squash but I think we planted it too late in the season... next year they are getting planted earlier! And the corn... was too long and spindly. It did not produce a good ear. The ear looked good and the corn on it nice but it did not ripen.. again planted too late in the season I think.. and too much time for the corn in the green house.
But, overall can not complain.. the garden will feed us well... oh wait.. is feeding us well!!!

No comments: